Monday, April 23, 2012

The jukebox response.








Even though I’m old, a jukebox was still before my time. But I’ve always thought a good Idea delivers the Jukebox Response. That is, when you push J8, you used to get Chuck Berry. When I push cold, thirst-quenching drink while driving, I get 7-11’s Slurpee.

What buttons need to be pushed to have your brand to show up in the customers’ minds? What situation/filters/time of year/emotion makes them pick you out of the stacks of competition?

What I like about the analogy of the Idea as a Jukebox is that you can only own one thing. And it has to be unique to you. You can’t be cheap and quick if someone else in your space already is. You have to come up with a button that is all your own.

So ask yourself, if the customer wanted to find your brand, what jukebox buttons would he push?

Now you’re getting to an Idea.

Roll over Beethoven. 


No comments:

Post a Comment