Friday, March 30, 2012

You love cats. I love cats. You love babies. I love babies.








I had a friend during those post-college, meet-girls days who was the absolute best at taking girls home. He wasn’t the handsomest or the most successful in business. But there he was, every night, arm around another beautiful woman heading home.

So one day, I asked him, what was his rap? How was he working it so darn well? He described his conversations in the short line: “You love cats. I love cats. You love babies. I love babies.”

People want to make a connection. They want people who love the same things they love. Tell me you don’t like your Facebook friends who agree with you more than those who challenge you.

Well, marketer, what do your customers love? How can you establish that common ground where you both are on the same side? Is that cause marketing? Is that community involvement? Is that simply the way you handle returns or service problems?

Remember, it’s not I love cats, so you should too. The focus is always on what your customer wants, likes, and identifies with.

It’s not about you.

Create ideas where you can share interests with your prospects and you never know how successful you’ll be.







No comments:

Post a Comment